Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Daryl Mikell Brooks
Dear Friends of Justice,

My name is Daryl Mikell Brooks.  I am a Freedom Activist who grew up in and still resides in Trenton, a city that typifies New Jersey’s corrupt political culture.

As early as my teen years, I could see the devastating impact that political cronyism and bureaucratic inertia had on struggling inner city families.  So I spoke about.  On the streets.  On campus.  In print.  On the radio.  In the assembly halls. 

I caught some heat, but like most young men, I was fearless and reckless.  What could they do to me?  Yell at me?  Beat me up?  Arrest me for creating a nuisance?  Tow my car?
It was much worse that than that.  Corrupt city framed me perhaps the most unforgivable offense in society’s eyes, the sexual endangerment of a child.  The details of this incident are spelled out in this online article and in further depth in my audio book Why Me. 

Even after the arrest, I was still foolish enough to take the charges lightly.  I took the counsel of people who advised me not to worry.  “The charges won’t stick”, they said.  “The case will be dropped”.

They weren’t and my life was forever changed on the day that I was wrongly convicted.

Nonetheless, I have never been silenced and continued my career of activism upon my release from prison.  However, the State found yet another way to add insult to injury.  As a condition of my release I was ordered to attend regular counseling sessions.  At these sessions I was further required to confess my guilt the crime that I did not commit.  It was humiliating and infuriating to be forced to lie.

Finally, I had enough.  Last year, I refused to play their game any longer.  I refused to admit to crimes of which I was innocent.  Because of this I was arrested and am facing trial on charges related to my stand.  The terms of my parole prohibit me from accessing the internet.  Therefore, I cannot attend to my primary business, the news blog Today’s News New Jersey(In case you are wondering, this website is built and maintained by friends.)

I am not alone.  There are many like me who suffer under a corrupted justice system.  However, I will not stop fighting; either for myself or for the other victims of suffocating political corruption.


I believe in the immortal words of the great American patriot Patrick Henry, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
Therefore, I ask you to weigh the facts of my case.  If you feel that I have been unfairly served, by the justice system, I ask for support.  First I ask for your prayers.  Secondly, if can find it within your heart and within your means, to contribute financially to my defense.  As you can imagine, my record has severely impeded my ability to pursue a normal career and to earn a living.  A proper defense requires money that I just do not have.

Finally, let me say that I have little sympathy for those predators that prey upon our children.  Justice must be served and they must find forgiveness in God.  But I am not, nor have ever been one of them.
 
I thank you for your time and your consideration.
Yours in Liberty.
Daryl Mikell Brooks
Contact brookslegaldefensefund@gmail.com

Read Artical: Parole board harasses Trenton man
Please Donate...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment